[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: What's the netscape problem

Netscape Commerce server certificates use RSA key pairs generated by the
user, i.e. with "Netscape's shoddy random number genrator" (sic). All the
server running in "secure" mode need new RSA keys and certificates as noted
in the following excerpt from the official Netscape response.

"In addition, the current version of the Netscape Commerce Server has a
similar vulnerability during it's initial key-pair generation. Therefore, a
patch will be made available from Netscape and should be applied by Commerce
Server customers to generate a new key pair and server certificate."

Stephen A. Mattin
Delphi Internet Services
Cross Point, 1 Industrial Ave
Lowell MA 01851